Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sharpie Tie Dye

IMG_5200

The girls had their birthday party this past weekend.  It was a Fancy Nancy party so we decided to do a fancy craft.  This idea comes from Char over at Crap I’ve Made.  (Got to love that blog name!)  We did some Sharpie Tie Dye.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous about a bunch of 4 & 5 year olds doing this project but all the parents helped their little ones and it turned out great!  I also printed out pictures (from Char’s site) and directions.

IMG_5152

The directions say that you should do nice little dots around in a circle.  During a trial run with my girls, we discovered that any old design turns out cool so don’t worry about it too much if you are working with little ones.  Basically, you place a cup inside your shirt.  Put a rubber band around the top of the cup.  Color with sharpie markers in a variety of colors.  Drip 10-15 drops of rubbing alcohol on top and watch it spread.  Be sure to have a grown up iron the shirt before washing to help heat set the color.  That’s it!!!  Thanks so much Char for a great idea.  We had loads of fun!

 

 IMG_5156 IMG_5154IMG_5168 IMG_5169 IMG_5172

Signature

2 comments:

  1. My kiddies did these shirts at a science birthday they went to in the summer. They are pretty awesome and fun for the kiddies! But you have to try the bleach technique now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, uh, I'm way behind on emails (obviously). Glad that it worked out well for you! I bet the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails