Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Dresses

Pin It


I found this really cute idea for Valentine's Day dresses on Pinterest.  I just love them!  Best of all, they require very little material.



Before                                                   After

Just take some extra large men's t-shirts and some scraps of fabric from other old shirts and you can make these adorable dresses.


There is a full tutorial on Make It and Love It.  Go check it out and be sure to browse around this site a bit.  There are lots of cute ideas to me found.  She also has a cute Valentine shirt idea for boys that I think I might try too.

I love the sweet little ruffled hearts and so do my girls.  The only change that I would make would be to make the ruffled heart about 1 1/2" bigger on all sides than the cut out heart shape.  I only cut it about 3/4" bigger and I wish I had a little more wiggle room.  Other than that I would follow the tutorial exactly.


The following photos are what happens when I tell my girls to pose however they want. :)




Happy Sewing!


7 comments:

  1. Just need to say, "WONDERFUL" nice post !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love them. I hope you will link this up to my I Heart Projects Party if you haven't already.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/92196103/reserved-listing-for-aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling! And so are your girls! :)I'm kicking myself for buying an expensive dress my for daughter's Valentine tea. I found you through Tatertots and Jello. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are these and how FUN are they? Would be delighted for you to link this up at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you were able to link up. Really glad you stopped by! Have a great weekend!
      {HUGS},
      kristi

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking up!! WAY too cute! Featured on FB!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found you on the Strut Your Stuff linkup and just had to say how adorable those dresses are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails