Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Janey Jumper Pattern Review and Super Late Easter Post!

 

DSC_0360

O.K., so I am super late with this post.  Better late than never right? 

(See the bottom of this post for a link to the Sock Bunnies tutorial.)

 

DSC_0364

I used the Janey Jumper pattern by Lindsay of the Cottage Momma to make some Easter dresses for my girls.  I really love how they turned out. 

First of all, the Janey Jumper is not a PDF pattern.  It is an actual paper pattern that is mailed to you.  I loved not having to print out and piece together my pattern before starting.

There are lots of very clear step by step instructions with photos.  Best of all, Lindsay is super sweet and when I got stuck on the final step, I e-mailed her and she got back to me quickly!  Fortunately, I had already figured it out.  I would highly recommend this pattern to the intermediate sewer.  This dress is completely lined (which I love!) however, due to this it may be a little tricky for the novice sewer.

 

DSC_0467

My favorite part of this dress is the beautiful scallops.  Lindsay gives a really genius way of making these turn out perfect.

 

DSC_0367

DSC_0381DSC_0384

DSC_0394

Best of all, my girls loved them and they looked super cute for Easter.

 

DSC_0395

On your mark…

 

DSC_0399

Get set…

 

DSC_0404

GO!!!

 

 

IMG_3508

I also made a smaller version of this dress for my friend’s daughter to wear on her birthday.  Isn’t she cute?!!!

 

DSC_0140IMG_3599IMG_3606IMG_3619

Happy Sewing!

Signature

P.S. I did a freezer paper stencil on the lining just in case the girls ever wanted to wear it reversed.

DSC_0251DSC_0253DSC_0260DSC_0261

 

P.P.S.  I almost forgot to tell you about the sock bunnies.  They are from a very clever tutorial by Ashley over at Lil Blue Boo.

DSC_0206DSC_0213DSC_0361

6 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you've been very busy! Love the dresses, so cute. If you'd like another place to share your sewing creations, head on over to Etcetorize (http://etcetorize.blogspot.com). Party starts tonight, hope to see you there~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Those scallops are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I love the scallops down the front with a coordinating print in the middle. Love it!

    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY too cute!!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that still dresses my twinnies "matchy matchy" hee hee LOVE the darling sock bunnies too!!!
    xo
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job ~ I love all of the dresses!! Thank you so much for the lovely review and I can't wait to see what you create next. Hope you had a great mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=4459 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails