Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Pin It

Happy Valentines Day! 


In my last post, I shared some cute dresses that I made for my girls for Valentine's Day.  It was the first time ever that I was actually prepared and had them ready two weeks early.  That NEVER happens.  I was so proud of myself until....  My girls came home last week and excitedly announced that they get to have Pajama Day on Valentine's Day!  That'll teach me. 


Of course that meant that sure enough as usual I was sewing the night before.

I just made some simple flannel pj's and the girls actually painted these shirts themselves.



I first saw the idea on the cover of this month's Family Fun Magazine.  Then Dana at Made had the brilliant idea to paint it onto a piece of scrap fabric first and then sew it onto a shirt.  That way if you mess up in the painting portion you don't ruin the whole shirt.  Then just cut out the heart shape from your scrap fabric and sew it onto your shirt.



It is a super easy idea too.  Just use a glue stick to stick a paper heart doily to your shirt or scrap of fabric.  Paint and let dry or use a hair dryer to speed things up and peel off the doily.
Like I said the girls painted these themselves and then I just went back over any missed spots.  The secret is to put the paint onto a plate and then just dab the brush in the paint and then dab it again all over the paper doily.  NO BRUSHING!

I think they came out pretty cute!

Of course I had to make up a couple of cute hairbows too!  :)


Here are my kiddos getting there goody bags today.  Just simple little things like notebooks, silly puddy, treats, etc.  and they are so thrilled!

 

Tonight's dinner will be eggs with pink heart shaped pancakes!
The hubby has a board meeting tonight so he won't be here.  Waat Waa!!  :(


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Two sets of twins? They are the cutest though and I LOVE these outfits. How fun, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails