Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bread in Five Minutes a Day!

Pin It

I made bread!  Excuse my excitement but I have never made bread before.  It was actually fairly easy.  I keep hearing people talk about Bread in Five Minutes a Day and I finally gave it a try. 
I wanted to keep it simple for my first go round so I just made their Master Recipe
I also watched their video just to make sure that I was doing it right.


I was a little concerned that my dough didn't seem to rise enough so I left it out for closer to 4 hours instead of 2 hours.
 

On the second rise the recipe says to leave it out from 30-90 minutes so I did 60.


Just cut a few lines in it and pop it into a preheated oven on a pizza stone.  Pour a cup of water into a broiler pan under the pizza stone and bake for 30 minutes.


Guess what?!  It was really good! 
My little girls said it tasted like Panera Bread.  I'll take that compliment!
 
The best part is that the recipe makes plenty of dough that you can keep in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.  That means when you want more bread, you just break off a piece and set it out to rise for a bit and pop it in the oven.  That's how you get bread in 5 minutes a day!

Happy Baking!
 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



2 comments:

  1. You are so right about this bread. I make it all the time and it's so easy and delicious! It takes on a bit more of a sourdough bread taste the longer it stays in the refrigerator.
    Enjoy!
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh... sounds so yummy and manageable! I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails