Monday, March 21, 2011

Small Ways We Can Help Japan

The main purpose of this blog is to share some of the things that I have made and to give you links to the patterns or free tutorials that I used so that you can try them too.  I know that I just posted about an opportunity to sew for charity with Dress a Girl Around the World.  However, I feel that we have all been thinking about Japan over the past week or so.  I came upon two opportunities to help and I wanted to share them with you.

Japan Sew-a-long

First, Susan at  Living With Punks is hosting a sew-a-long to send shirts to the children of Japan.  Chelsea from Pink Fig is providing the pattern.  It really is adorable. 

ChloeMiekoCloseUP_thumb[4]_thumb[2]

I know that it seems like a small gesture but maybe just letting a child in Japan know that we love him/her will help in some way.  This sew-a-long requires very little material and time.  Susan will be providing step by step instructions.  For more details on the sew-a-long, please click HERE.   For the t-shirt tutorial, please click HERE.

 

 

tohoku tote

Second, Cheri over at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar! is offering this really cute handbag called the Tohoku Tote for “pre-sale”.  All you have to do is donate $8 or more to an organization of your choice to benefit Japan.  Then e-mail Cheri and she will send this lovely pattern to you.  How awesome is that?!  This is so very generous of her.  It is a pattern I would have wanted to purchase regardless and now this just makes it that much better. If you would like to participate please click HERE  for all of the details.

Thank you so much for your generosity.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails