Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cowl Knit Along

 

I only started sewing about five years ago but before that I used to knit.  When I say knit, I don’t mean fancy sweaters or anything.  Mostly scarves and a couple of hats.  I think I even have a blanket 3/4 of the way done in my stash somewhere.  Well it has been a while and I have been meaning to get back to knitting.

IMG_2548

 

Shannon over at Luv in the Mommyhood gave me the perfect opportunity.  This month, she is hosting a cowl knit along.  (See that cute little button in my right side bar?  Just click on it for the details.)  Here is the cowl that I made.  I was able to sport it this past weekend while my kiddos played in the snow!  Hello, it’s only October people!

Anyway, I really love it.  It is the Breckenridge Cowl if any of you want to give it a try.  The pattern is on Ravelry which I only just discovered last year.  They have about a bazillion knitting and crochet patterns and many of them are free!

IMG_2549

 

See all of the lovely cables?  This was my first time attempting cables.  I am so proud of myself. 

IMG_2552

As I mentioned before, it has been a while since I have knit and I even needed a refresher on how to do a knit stitch vs. a purl stitch.  Fortunately, there are several sites with how to videos.  The two that I found the most helpful are Knit Witch and Knitting Help .  Go check them out.

IMG_2561

Guess what, I even whipped up a second one!  Hmmmm….. whom to give it to?

 

IMG_2560

Happy Knitting and thanks Shannon for hosting the knit along!

Signature

1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful! I love the color choices, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails