Sunday, May 1, 2011

Organizing!!!!

My blog posts have been a little slow the past couple of weeks because I have developed a bit of a bad habit recently.  I seem to have absolutely no attention span when it comes to sewing projects lately!  Have any of you experienced this?  I keep jumping from one thing to the next.  I work on something for a bit and then get sidetracked with something else that seems more interesting.    This is especially a problem for me as I usually have to make two of everything.  I think I have about seven different projects going on right now.  As a result I haven’t had any finished projects to show you.

I decided that I needed to get this situation under control especially because I do my sewing in our dining room.  The china hutch has been slowly but surely turning into a craft hutch. 

IMG_1091

My husband put up some temporary shelves for me to use.  Two shelves for me and two for the kids’ craft stuff.  I purchased four containers and put everything that I would need for a project in each box. 

IMG_1092IMG_1093

For example, a box should have a pattern, fabric, notions, interfacing, etc.  My first goal is to get myself down to four projects going on at a time and then work my way down from there. 

The good news is that I should have a bunch of fun things to show you in the very near future.  I even have some tutorials in the works for you!

How do you stay organized?  Feel free to leave a comment.  I would love to learn from your ideas.

Happy Sewing!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails