Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Meet the Boys!


So my poor little boys haven't been represented at all on this blog. There just aren't that many tutorials out there for little boy items. I finally found something that I could make for them so here they are.
They are super cute and super sassy! "No mama, I didn't eat the blue sand and frankly I'm offended that you would think so."


I found this really great tutorial for freezer paper stencilling. First of all, I have to admit that I had never even heard of freezer paper but it is pretty cool stuff.



I cut the sheets of freezer paper to regular page size. Then I printed out my desired shape off the computer. In this case, I used a map of the island were we spend time in the summer. Be sure to print on the dull side of the paper. Next, use an exacto knife to cut out your shape.


With the shiny side of the freezer paper down, iron it onto your desired item of clothing. Then stick a piece of cardboard inside to prevent the paint from going through to the back.

Now paint 3 or 4 layers of matte fabric paint on your stencil. Allow for drying time between each layer. When dry, peel off the freezer paper. Finally, place a piece of fabric over the paint and iron to seal the paint. Viola! Thank you so much to Dana for this great tutorial. Be sure to check out her blog.

1 comment:

  1. how fun and TOO funny! I'm almost ready to share the Warhol Dress and there's a similar variation of the dress that features a map of where we're vacationing! We're thinking alike :). Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails