Monday, June 7, 2010

Tie Dye and Flip Flops




Around here, the girls and I try to plan messy, "big girl" activities for when baby brothers are having their nap. Friday's nap time activity was tie dying. The girls had a really good time stirring the dye and helping me with the rubber bands. They love their finished shirts! We also threw some 1/2" elastic into the dye. Why? I really wanted to try an idea suggested by Christine at From an Igloo. My girls love to wear flip flops but I dread it because they can't keep them on their feet. Well Christine came up with this great idea to add your own elastic straps. You just sew buttons onto the existing straps and then attach the elastic. Problem solved! For full details go to this link.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails