Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

 

IMG_5767

I love fall!  I grew up in Florida so we didn’t have much in the way of seasons changing.  I still get totally excited about the start of each new season and all of the fun activities that go with them.  O.K. I’ll admit that part of that is excitement is about the yummy treats that go with each season too.  Dana over at MADE asked for our favorite pumpkin recipes.  Man did she get an overwhelming response!  I have to admit that I copied and pasted the comments to this post because there were so many good ideas from her readers.  It got me thinking about yummy pumpkin recipes.  I was given this pumpkin bread recipe a few years ago from a neighbor.  I’m sure that it is a very common pumpkin bread recipe but it sure is good.  We had some yummy pumpkin muffins for breakfast this morning!  Yummmm!  I love fall.

IMG_5772IMG_5771  IMG_5769 IMG_5770 

 

Pumpkin Bread

1 ¾ Cups Flour

1 ½ Cups Sugar

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

½ tsp salt

½ tsp nutmeg

1/8 tsp cloves

½ cup melted butter

1 cup canned pumpkin

1 egg, beaten

1/3 cup water

Mix together dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix together butter, pumpkin, egg and water. Add dry ingredients. Bake in greased and floured pan at 350°. Large loaf 1 hr. and 10 min. Six mini loaves approx. 30 min. Cool 10 min. Remove from pans to cooling rack.

I usually make 12 muffins out of this recipe and 30 mins. works great for that too.

Enjoy!

 

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are beautiful Charity. I hope I get to meet them all some day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails