Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Seeds

“We” carved our pumpkin last night.  By “we” I mean my girls pointed to the picture in the book that they wanted and then ran off to play with their cousins.  My sister invited us over so that we could all carve our pumpkins together.  I told her that my original plan was to carve it after they went to bed.  My girls will just absolutely not touch pumpkin “Slime”!  Every year I try to get them to help me clean out the pumpkin but they are just not having it.  I used to do one pumpkin for each but have at least talked them into just one family pumpkin.  Not to mention that in a few years the boys would be wanting their own too and that would mean carving four pumpkins.  I don’t think so.

Picture 014

I think it turned out cute.  It’s a cat!  Do you see it?

Anyway, I really wanted some roasted pumpkin seeds and after carving this pumpkin, I was just to lazy to look up a recipe. 

Picture 007

Here is what I guessed at and they turned out great.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Separate the seeds from the “slime” and give them a good rinse in a colander.  Pat them dry.  Spread them out on a cookie sheet.  Drizzle with a table spoon or so of Olive Oil.  Shake some salt on top.  ( I used sea salt but I doubt that it matters.)  Cook for about 10 minutes.  Pull them out and redistribute them on the tray.  Cook for an additional 10 minutes.  (I’ll admit my cook times may be a bit sketchy as I was in the middle of an hilarious freezer paper painting project that I’ll be sharing with you in the next day or two.)  You basically want to cook them until they smell and look like they are done.  Clear as mud?  I hope you enjoy them!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails