Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gathered Clutch

I’m so proud of myself!  Last week I learned shirring and this week I sewed my first zipper.  Even one of my four year olds said, “Wow mommy you did a zipper!”  I have a few dresses and other fun things that I am making right now but last night, I felt like working on a project that I could finish in one sitting.  I have been eyeing the tutorial at Noodlehead for the cute Gathered Clutch and decided to give it a try.  It was pretty easy and straight forward.  It didn’t come out perfect but not bad for my first try.
 IMG_4338I was very excited to finally find a fabric store near me that sells designer fabric!  It was like Christmas walking in there.  I chose some cute Amy Butler fabrics.
The only change that I made to the tutorial was to add a second row of card holders for the interior.
IMG_4341

Here is the finished clutch!
IMG_4348  IMG_4356 IMG_4357


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails